Riding Lawn Mower
You are in a decision to buy the best riding lawn mower. You know which type is perfect for you. If you are in final decision to buy, want to get the best one for your garden. Here are our best picks which are filtered from the top list of riding lawn mowers. That’s why we called it better than the best.
- GreenWorks 25322 G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower, (1) 4AH Battery and a Charger Included
- Poulan Pro PP105G30 30″ Riding Mower 10.5hp Briggs & Stratton #960220027
- Ariens Zoom 42 – 19hp Kohler 6000 Series V-Twin 42″ Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- BLACK+DECKER CM2040 40V Lithium 3-in-1 Cordless Mower, 20″
- Earthwise 1715-16EW 16 Inch 7-Blade Push Reel Mower
- Husqvarna MZ61 27 HP Zero Turn Mower, 61-Inch
- Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels (CARB Compliant)
- Great States 815-18 18-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
- American Lawn Mower 1204-14 14-Inch 4-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
- Great States 415-16 16-Inch Reel Mower Standard Full Feature Lawn Mower With T-Style Handle And Heat Treated Blades
- Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Lt 42 In. 18 Hp Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-engine Riding Mower
- Troy-Bilt XP 25HP 60-Inch FAB Deck Zero Turn Mower
- Earthwise 60617 17-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
- Fiskars 18 Inch StaySharp Max Reel Mower
- Honda 21” 3-in-1 Self Propelled Smart Drive Roto-stop Lawn Mower w/ Auto Choke and Twin Blade System
- BLACK+DECKER EM1500 15-Inch Corded Mower with Edge Max, 10-Amp
- Scotts 2000-20 20-Inch Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower
- Yard Machines 420cc 42-Inch Riding Lawn Mower
- Husqvarna 960430211 YTA18542 18.5 hp Fast Continuously Varilable Transmission Pedal Tractor Mower, 42″
- Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724 cc Zero Turn Mower, 54″
- Poulan Pro 960420188 Briggs and Stratton 20 hp Pedal Control Automatic Drive Riding Mower, 46″ 46000 Outdoor Power Issue – Over LTL Weight Max
- Swisher FCE11544BS 11.5 HP 44-Inch Electric Start Finish Cut Trail Mower
- Earthwise 50520 20-Inch Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- American Lawn Mower 1304-14 14-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
- Husqvarna 960430212 YTA22V46 22V Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Tractor Mower, 46″/Twin
- Z-Beast 48ZB 20HP Heavy Duty 48″ Zero Turn Riding Mower with Rollbar Powered By Briggs & Stratton Pro Engine
- Poulan Pro 961120130 PR450N20S Briggs 450e Side Discharge Push Mower in 20-Inch Deck
- Poulan Pro 960420170 PB20VA46 Briggs 20 HP V-Twin Ready Start Pedal Control Fast Auto Drive Cutting Deck Riding Mower, 46-Inch
- Troy-Bilt 382cc Powermore OHV 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
- WORX WG794 28-volt Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower
- Snapper SPX 22/46 46-Inch 22 HP Riding Tractor Mower with Hydro-Gear T2 Hydrostatic Transmission 2691344
- Husqvarna 967334101 MZ54S 25V Commercial Zero Turn Mower, 54″/Twin
- BLACK+DECKER CM2060C 60V Max Power Swap Mower, 20″
- Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek Automatic Riding Lawnmower
- Great States 304-14 14-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawnmower
- Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower
- Poulan Pro 960420185 Briggs 22 hp Automatic Hydrostatic Transmission Drive Riding Mower, 48″ 46000 Outdoor Power Issue – Over LTL Weight Max
- Yard Machines 420cc 42-Inch Riding Lawn Mower
- Husqvarna 967271501 46″ 20HP Briggs and Stratton Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- BLACK+DECKER CM2043C 40V Max Lithium Mower, 20″
If you have a medium to large sized property, trying to keep it maintained can prove to be quite difficult with an ordinary lawn mower. Pushing a mower around uneven terrain can be time-consuming, physically demanding, and expensive if you choose to pay a professional to do all of the hard work for you.
But instead of struggling to keep your grass under control or spending large amounts of money on a continual basis, a ride-on mower is a great gardening investment.
A ride-on mower requires less energy, and it means that your mowing chores are done faster, and you can still get that highly desired professional look.
Before you set out to buy your shiny, new gardening best friend, there are a few gardening and mechanical specifications to look out for. So ask yourself these two questions:
What is the size of your yard and what kind of terrain does it have: small, medium or large, flat, gradual, steep inclines, hilly?
What kind of obstacles are there (trees, bushes, flower beds)?
Choose the Size of Your Ride-on Mower
Generally speaking, ride-on mowers are ideal for properties that are ½ acre or more, but there are smaller models that can used in smaller yards as long as you have a gate that is wide enough to let the machine through.
The size of the ride-on mower relates to the size of mower’s cutting deck.
So whether you own a residential property, acreage, or an estate, the size of the cutting deck can make all the difference to your mowing experience.
Consider the following guide that can help you decide on the right size of mower for your property.
30”. This size is ideal for small to medium sized properties that have a flat lawn and if you have to negotiate your way through a narrow gate.
42″: This type of ride-on mower will work effectively on flat lawns and medium properties up to 2 acres, and they can maneuver well around detailed landscaping and trees.
46”- 48”. This size is ideal for medium to larger sized properties, and will have no trouble getting underneath bushes and for mowing up gentle to medium sloping gradients or hills up to 15 degrees.
Remember: any slope or hill that is over 15 degrees can be dangerous with such a heavy piece of machinery.
50”+”. Larger sized ride-on mowers are ideal for properties over 3 acres or more. They can handle moderate slopes, large open areas and rougher terrain.
Choosing a Transmission
Ride-on mowers can either be operated by a manual, automatic or hydrostatic transmission.
Manual transmission. The beauty of manual transmission is that it offers you a range of set speeds you can select and gives you more control over the movement of the mower. Look for mowers that let you shift up or down without having to stop or use a clutch.
Automatic transmission. The automatic transmission in a ride-on mower is similar to the automatic transmission in a car. You can control the speed of the mower just by stepping on a pedal.
Hydrostatic transmission. Mowers with hydrostatic transmission uses fluid rather than a belt to shift the power from the engine to the wheels. This type of transmission offers you a smoother ride and the mower will require less maintenance.