The oustanding photo is segment of Portable BBQ Buying Guide article which is grouped within Portable, Grill, Grill and published at July 21, 2017 1:48:47 pm by Richard Lowry
Portable BBQ Buying Guide: Portable Charcoal Bbq Grill
The 31 best portable grills to take on the road whether it's a trip to the beach, a picnic or camping. These grills offer a wide variety of options from gas to charcoal with many great features. If you are in the market for a grill you can pack away until you need it, these are the units you should be looking at.
- Aussie Outdoor Living 6TV1S00KP1 Stainless Steel 26.5"x17"x12" RV Grill
- Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel, Portable TableTop Propane Gas Grill. Perfect for Camping, Tailgating, Picnics or any outdoor use. 305 sq inches of Cooking Surface 11.25"x 18.5" With warming rack
- Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill
- Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill
- E-TECHING All-in-1 Folding Portable Stainless Steel Charcoal BBQ Grill with a Storage Bag
- Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE
- Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill
- Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker, Black
- Blackstone 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station - 4-burner - Propane Fueled - Restaurant Grade - Professional Quality
- Dyna-Glo DGN576DNC-D Premium Charcoal Grill
- Cuisinart CGG-049 Searin' Sphere 10,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill
- Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker with Adjustable Temperature Control
- Camp Solutions BBQ Grill, Charcoal grill, Foldable and Portable Outdoor Grill, A Perfect Gift for Barbecue Lovers
- Blackstone 36 inch Stainless Steel Outdoor Cooking Gas Grill Griddle Station
- Commercial LP Gas Portable 8-Burner Event BBQ Grill w/ PVC Fitted Cover
- Blackstone Grills Tailgater - Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo - Barbecue Box - Two Open Burners – Griddle Top - Adjustable Legs - Camping Stove Great for Hunting, Fishing, Tailgating and More
- NutriChef Raclette Grill , 8 Person Party Cooktop, Stone Plate & Metal Grills 1000 Watt (PKGRST46)
- Cuisinart CCG-190RB Portable Charcoal Grill, 14-Inch, Red
- Stok Gridiron Portable Gas Grill
- Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – WIFI enabled
- Marsh Allen 30052AMZ Kay Home Product's Cast Iron Hibachi Charcoal Grill, 10 by 18-Inch
- Char-Broil TRU Infrared Patio Bistro 180 Portable Gas Grill
- Char Broil 240 Portable Gas Grill
- Magma Products, A10-803 Connoisseur Series ChefsMate Portable Gas Grill
- Char-Broil Stainless Steel Portable Gas Grill
- George Foreman GP200GM Portable Propane Camp & Tailgate Grill, Portable Gas Grill, Camping Grill, Gun Metal
- Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
- Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods 12,000-BTU Tabletop Gas Grill
- Coleman RoadTrip Sport Charcoal Grill
- Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
Whether barbecuing in the garden with the family, or in the park with a small group of friends, or even setting up a barbecue after an eventful day in the woods after a long hike, a portable BBQ can be an important appliance.
A portable BBQ’s easy set-up, quick heat up time, and portability allows for a flexible and quick preparation of food. This guide will briefly look at the options available for buyers of portable BBQs, whilst eBay’s large range of portable BBQs can help the interested buyer find the best portable BBQ for their needs.
What Are Portable BBQs?
Portable BBQs are also called portable barbecue grills. They are similar to normal barbecue grills in that they apply heat from directly below the food in order to cook it, with the distinctiveness of a portable BBQ lying in its portability, simplicity of setup and use, and ease of transport.
Whilst cooking on a regular BBQ or simply over an open fire has been implemented for centuries, the portable BBQ began to be popular as a recreational activity after World War II, appearing in public parks, and campsites.
With its rising popularity, manufacturers soon began to design smaller, lighter, and more efficient portable BBQs. Their improvements included attached wheels and detachable gas sources for easier transport and manoeuvrability. As such, there is now a large range of choices, designs, manufacturers, and models of portable BBQs to choose from.
Benefits of Using a Portable BBQ
The following are some of the benefits of opting for a portable BBQ instead of a traditional BBQ:
- Portable BBQs can be transported easily, whether to the back garden or to a park or campsite. Whilst traditional BBQs are heavy, large and installed onto a patio or garden, portable BBQs weigh less than 10 kilograms, and tend to be as small as 75x42 centimetres in size. Some even fold into itself for easier transport. The addition of wheels makes for even easier transport, and may support some of the barbecue’s weight. Smaller portable BBQs can even be carried in a backpack – ideal for long-distance hikers.
- Their small size means they efficiently produce enough food for a small gathering or camping trip. They take less time to clean and can be set up quickly and easily.
- Portable BBQs are less expensive than standard BBQs, ideal for the occasional ‘barbecuer’ or for a novice to practice their barbecuing skills.
Buying Considerations for a Portable BBQ
Before buying a portable BBQ, it is useful to consider the following buyer’s tips:
- Consider how much storage room there is for when the BBQ is not in use – buy a smaller portable BBQ if needed.
- Consider transport options, and how far the portable BBQ is likely to be taken: portable charcoal BBQs are generally specified to be transported in a vehicle, whilst portable gas BBQs can be transported in a backpack.
- Most portable BBQs are sold already assembled; however, some manufacturers reduce prices on portable BBQs that need some assembling. If assembling a portable BBQ, read and follow the manual carefully, adjusting the components according to specifications to ensure safe and efficient BBQ use.
- Good quality charcoal BBQs are better, and may even be cheaper, than low-quality gas BBQs – if a high-quality gas BBQ cannot be afforded, opt for the charcoal alternative instead for better cooking results.
- When buying portable gas barbecues, understand that they will require either liquid propane or natural gas – natural gas is easier to refuel using a nearby gas supply and propane tanks can only be refilled in specialised stores.
- When buying portable charcoal barbecues, ensure the charcoal is protected from moisture and natural decay by storing it well in an airtight container.
- Ensure the portable BBQ is made of a strong, durable material to ensure it remains functional after rough transport. Stainless steel prevents scratches and dents and is corrosion-resistant, but it fades into a yellow colour over time. Painted steel rusts when the paint chips or peels away. Cast-aluminium is tough and does not rust. Aim for a portable BBQ with stainless steel burners and handles with a cast-aluminium body to handle high temperatures.
- There are a variety of grates available for portable BBQs and they are an important indicator of cooking times and food quality. Cast iron grates are excellent at heat retention and therefore searing meats. Uncoated cast-iron grates need to be coated in oil to prevent rust. Cast-iron grates coated with porcelain ensure the food does not stick. Heavy-duty stainless steel grates are extremely durable, easy to clean, and provides high heat retention.
The oustanding digital imagery is part of Portable BBQ Buying Guide has dimension 1500 x 1250 pixel. You can download and derive the Portable Charcoal Bbq Grill images by click the download button below to get multiple high resolution versions.
Here is crucial tip about Grill. We have the source for more digital imagery about Grill. Check it out for yourself! You can get Portable BBQ Buying Guide and look the Portable BBQ Buying Guide in here.
Back to Portable BBQ Buying Guide