Pellet Grills: Best Brands
When reviewing products for our Top 30 lists we put ourselves in the shoes of the customer and look at the kinds of questions that you might ask when making a fairly costly purchase. Unlike previous reviews we haven’t compared apples (in a pig’s mouth) with apples (in a pig’s mouth), so to speak, but rather looked at the features of each of the Indoor Grill, what we like and just as importantly, what we don’t.
- Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in.
- Z-grills Wood Pellet BBQ Grill and Smoker with Digital Temperature Controls
- Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill without Sear Box – Featuring Smart Smoke Technology
- Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill – Bronze
- Pit Boss Grills 440 Deluxe Wood Pellet Grill
- Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill
- Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – WIFI enabled
- Louisiana Grills 60800 Stainless Steel Wood Pellet Grill, 800 sq. in.
- Louisiana Grills 60700-LG700 LG 700 Pellet Grill, 707 Square Inch
- Memphis Grills Elite 39-inch Pellet Grill Built In – Vgb0002s
- Pit Boss Grills 72820 Deluxe Wood Pellet Grill
- Blackstone 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station – 4-burner – Propane Fueled – Restaurant Grade – Professional Quality
- Camp Chef SmokePro SE Pellet Grill, Black
- Landmann Vista Barbecue Grill
- Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
- Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill with Sear Box – Smart Smoke Technology – Ash Cleanout System
- Pellet Pro Deluxe 1190 Stainless Pellet Grill – NEW 35# Capacity Hopper & 7-Year Warranty
- Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Series Wood Pellet Grill, Black and Bronze
- Pit Boss 71820FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 820 sq. in.
- Char-Broil Stainless Steel Portable Gas Grill
- Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill
- REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill – Featuring Smart Grill Technology
- REC TEC Grills™ Mini Portable Pellet Grill
- Smoke Hollow 2415PG Pellet Grill, 24″ 480 sq.in Cooking Area
- Smoke Hollow PS2415 24-Inch Pellet Smoker Grill
- Traeger Pellet Grills TFB30LUB Natural Organic 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill
- Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill
- Traeger BAC344 22 Series Insulation Elite Blanket
- Char-Griller 2828 Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill
- Traeger TFB29PLB Bronson 20 Grill, One Size, Black
Memphis Wood Fire Grills: Stylish design, sophisticated electronics, and great thermodynamics. This is one of the few pellet grills that lets you remove the top of the burn chamber so you can direct grill over a wood pellet fire.
Yoder Smokers: Well-known in competition barbecue circles, Yoder sells three models of pellet smokers, ranging from $1100 for the YS480 to $3600 for the trailer-mounted YS1500. (Numbers in the product ID refer to the square inches of cooking space.)
Rec Tec: In business for about 5 years, Rec Tec manufactures a pellet grill with 680 square inches of cooking space. Temperatures can be calibrated in 5-degree increments, and the pellet hopper holds up to 40 pounds of pellets. Current price of the smoker is $1000.
FireCraft: Made in the USA, the awesome FireCraft Pellet-Q450 Pellet Grill sells for about $900 and allows for both direct and indirect grilling. It also includes a trademarked “Pellet Exchange” feature, giving you the ability to quickly switch out pellet flavors.
MAK Grills: Sells four American-made pellet grill models, from the 1-Star General ($1600) to the 4-Star General ($8000). The trademarked “FlameZone” attains temperatures of 500 degrees and can be used for direct grilling.
Traeger Pellet Grills: Traeger launched the pellet grill revolution and has a large following for its affordably priced grills (starting at $300).