A Brief Guide on Bean Bags – Choosing Size, Weight
The in-depth bean bag chair reviews in this post will certainly give you useful information that you need in order for you to make a good choice among the recommendations of the most comfortable bean bag chairs on the market in 2017.
Choosing a good bean bag chair in the vast marketplace has never been easy because some bean bag chairs with not good filling materials may make you feel uncomfortable when sitting on them for a long time, similar to choosing recliner chairs as shown in this review.
To help you save time in selecting the right bean bag chair with the best price, I did my own research and surveys for the purpose of providing you with the following short lists of the best bean bag chairs in 2017 under different price segments.
1) Big Joe Duo Chair, Zebra | 2) Bean Bag Boys Bean Bag | 3) Gold Medal Bean Bags | 4) Style Homez Floral Printed Bean Bag | 5) Wow! Works Cupcake Adult Beanbag Chair | 6) Ace Casual Vinyl Sports Bean Bag Chair | 7) Fatboy Bean Bag, Light Pink | 8) Lumaland Luxury 3-Foot Bean Bag Chair | 9) Northwest College NCAA Bean Bag Chair | 10) Ahh! Products Large Bean Bag Chair | 11) Lumaland Luxury Bean Bag Chair | 12) Jaxx 7 ft Giant Bean Bag Sofa | 13) Big Joe Lux Cube & Ottoman in Union | 14) Oversized Green Dot Bean Bag Chair | 15) Merax Adjustable Folding Floor Chair | 16) Big Joe Football Bean Bag | 17) Fatboy Special Edition Original Bean Bag | 18) Adult Minky Dot Bean Bag | 19) Fun Furnishings Large Beanbag | 20) Fatboy Point, Lime Green | 21) CordaRoy’s Bean Bag Chair | 22) Upbeat Durable Easy Care Emoji Bean Bag | 23) Small Blue Kids Bean Bag Chair | 24) Take Ten Bean Bag Chair | 25) Kids Bean Bag Pink Passion Color | 26) Ahh! Products Red Organic Bean Bag Chair | 27) Hammock Lounge Sack Airbag Chair | 28) Soft Suede Luxe Bean Bag Adult | 29) XYH Inflatable Lounger Couch | 30) Big Joe Bean Bagimal, Leo the Lion | 31) Big Joe Basketball Bean Bag | 32) Junior Glossy Vinyl Bean Bag |
The popular bean bag chairs have been around for quite some time. Generally, the bean bag is a sealed enclosure comprising of PVC pellets, polystyrene or dried beans. In 1968, an Italian company, Zanotta made the first leather pear-shaped bean bags which were then known as “sacco”.
Acquiring a cult following from primarily youngsters for their ease-of-use and versatility and affordability, the bean bag chairs are now made of many outer layers ranging from fabric and leather to suede and fur. Some water-proof ones made from polyester can also be used outdoors.
Small bags are used by kids in different games involving catching and throwing at targets. The beans inside can affect the overall comfort of the bean bag. There are companies that make use of (shredded) polyurethane foam which helps increase the “squishiness” of the bean bag, making it a good alternative to traditional chairs and sofas. These bean bags, however, cost more but are still comparatively cheaper to other furniture.
More About the Beanbag Beads
Nowadays the most popular bean bag filling is done with polystyrene beads. When steam is blown into the sugar bead, it causes the bead to expand and become fluffy. The bead diameter generally varies between different manufacturers with the usual variety being in the range of 3 to 9 millimeters. There are smaller ones too, that range from 1 -3 millimeters.
When used for some time, the beads tend to compress to their original size, and the fluffiness disappears. The bean bags are then refilled with new beans. Refills are cheap because the beads are very cheap to produce. You can also opt for recycled beads. Although they last a bit shorter, they are cheaper than virgin beads.
As for beanbag covers, there are plenty to choose to your heart’s content. Select one that matches with your room’s décor. And, a texture that offers you most comfort.
Up and coming furniture companies have experimented with different forms of bean bags, changing the outer materials as well as the filling beads.
Available in the market today are providers from the general types of bean bags to luxury bean bag sofas that could easily take the place of high-end furniture, with costs coming to just a fraction. These are used primarily by expats planning to stay for a few years before moving back to their home countries.
How to Choose Bean Bag Size
Made for all purposes, beanbags come in many different shapes, sizes and designs. From extremely small to family-size, the size depends on the specific use intended for the beanbag. There are children’s bean bag chairs and queen-sized for adults. Then, they are bean bag sofas that can take more than one adult, enveloping them in complete and total comfort.
Uses of the Beanbag You Didn’t Know About
- Beanbags can act as picture stabilizers for cameras when tripods are not available
- Used in non-lethal weapons, small beanbags are inserted as ammunition
- Robots use beanbags for clutching
- Beanbag Toss, Footbag and Dodgeball (using beanbags) are popular games in universities and schools
- A lesser-threatening material than swords and knives, beanbags are used by amateur jugglers
If you are interested in using bean bags which is a coolest option to relax, enjoy your TV shows, working with laptops, reading your favorite books and magazine, I recommend Bear Teddy Bean Bags, who sell good quality bean bags in different size and color choices.
Bear Teddy has their own manufacturing unit and they sell bean bags on most affordable cost. They also provide bean bag refilling services in Kochi, Ernakulam area. Make your living room more attractive with colorful bean bags. Keep interacting with your social media friends simply sitting on your bean bags.