Bathroom Wall Decor: Pick a Fun and Stylish Theme
While the bathroom may not be the place you consider hanging your best art, bathroom wall decor is still important to add style and interest to the place. The wall decor comes in a wide variety of types and styles. You could have a classic painting next to the sink, a shadow box with shells over the bathtub or even vinyl wall decals of tropical fish swimming near the shower.
Bathroom Wall Decor Options
Anything you hang in the rest of your house could become bathroom wall decor as well. The most important thing to remember is that it will be exposed to moisture from the shower or bath so you need to choose wall decor that will not be damaged if it gets damp.
Framed prints, photos or posters are great choices for bathroom wall decor. Actual paintings may not work as well unless they are carefully secured under glass. Other options for wall decor are wood or acrylic cutouts, shadow boxes with small knickknacks in them, wall stickers or decals and mirrors.
Popular Themes for Bathroom Wall Decor
Although you can incorporate any theme you like in your wall decor, there are some that are traditionally popular for this room. Bathroom wall decor frequently comes in:
• Nautical bathroom wall decor like anchors, sailboats and rope trim
• Tropical bathroom wall decor like shells, exotic fish and waves
• Old-time bathhouse bathroom wall decor like “25 cent bath” signs and antique soap ads
• Rain forest bathroom wall decor like tropical plants, flowers and parrots
• Zen spa bathroom wall decor like soft-toned floral prints, word decals like “Relax” and all shelves with candles, stacked stones and other natural accents.